Anxiety


I have been struggling with anxiety for as long as I can remember. I just always felt like this was a big part of me. For those who does not know exactly what anxiety is, it is disorder where you fell stress in a more intense way that «normal» people. Anxiety is not stress. Everyone is going to experiment stress in his or her life. Anxiety is different, it is more intense, more often, and needs more treatment. There is different types of anxiety. The most commons types are social anxiety, generalize anxiety, phobias and my type is call panic disorder. It means that my anxiety shows up, most of the time, in panic crisis. When it happens I usually fell sick, I breathe fast, I think too much and usually after that, I am exhausted. The causes of anxiety disorders are different for everyone. It took a long time before I figured that I was suffering of anxiety and why. It started when I was young, and my parents did not know what was happening and neither did I. For me it only happened during the night and it was so scary. I did not know why it happens and I did not know who to explain how I felt. I went to so many doctors appointments and nobody found an answer. We found out what it was when I was around 9 or 10 years old. After that, I already felt better because I knew what was happening. The doctors also told me that anxiety is not a disorder that goes away like that. You have to work hard on it and find tricks that works for you. It is a long process and something everything is going so well and then you trip and you have to learn to walk again. I did progress a lot during all theses years. I do have panic attacks occasionally but I learned how to deal with them. Before it was, almost 4 to 5 time a week and now I do not even remember when was the last time that it happened.  Witch is great. Even if it so much better now, it is always going to a part of me.  

Comments

Popular Posts